A few months ago,Jack and I were in Dallas at a popsicle shop that hadthis dairy-free avocado lime popthat I went crazy for.I've been meaning to recreate it all summer and,well,summer isn't over yet… so here we go!Only I recreated it in the form of an avocado smoothie because smoothies are easier to make,especially if you don't have a popsicle mold.
I promise that this avocado smoothie does not taste like guacamole… it's a creamy almost sorbet-like green smoothie that contains a good amount of BETWAYhealthy fats.I enjoy it in the morning or mid-afternoon when I need a boost of energy… although I think it would also be tasty as a dessert (if made extra thick) with some chocolate sauce or cacao nibs on top!
What's in my avocado smoothie:
The avocado and banana create a rich & creamy dairy free base for this simple smoothie and the lime peps it up.For sweetness,I added frozen pineapple,frozen banana,and a bit of maple syrup. For a green punch I added big handfuls of baby spinach,and for an extra boost,I added a few scoops ofAloha Vanilla Protein Powder.The Aloha protein powder blends seamlessly into this avocado smoothie,the texture is great,and there is no aftertaste.The vanilla flavor is mild and it has a list of really great organic sustainably-sourced ingredients like pea protein,pumpkin seed protein,and hemp seed protein.It's packed with tons of omega 3's and a whopping 18 grams of protein per 2 scoops!
Just blend and sprinkle with chia seeds,if you like.I hope you love this BETWAYhealthy recipe!
If you loved this avocado smoothie…
- ½ cup cubed frozen pineapple
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach (or 1½ cup chopped frozen spinach)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 frozen banana
- ¾ cup light coconut milk (canned or from a carton)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice,plus ½ teaspoon zest
- 2 scoops Aloha Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup,or sweetener of your choice
- pinch of sea salt
- 8 ice cubes
- a sprinkle of chia seeds,optional,for garnish
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until creamy.Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking.If the mixture is too thick,add more coconut milk as needed to blend.Garnish with chia seeds,if desired
This post was created in partnership withAloha.Thank you for supporting the sponsors that keep us cooking!